Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Paper Thin Walls

Good evening, ladies and gents.

Just received the new Kings of Leon and Modest Mouse cds in the mail today. (Because of the Times & We Were Dead Before this Ship Began to Sink, respectively)

Haven't listened to Modest Mouse yet, but the Kings cd shows promise.

It is definitely a lot denser than the first two albums, more "slow-burners" if you will. In that respect, it reminds me of the Strokes' third album, First Impressions of Earth. Nothing is going to jump out at you like The Bucket, California Waiting, or Slow Night, So Long did on previous albums. However, I have a feeling that after a couple of listens it's gonna be stuck in my head forever.

In other news, Keith Richards claims to have snorted his father. Literally. He mixed his dead dad's ashes with cocaine and snorted them. Let's get a quote.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Keith Richards, everybody!

Well, the Phils lost yesterday in their home opener, thanks to a bullpen that everyone knew would suck. At least they're living up to expectations. At this point, I can see it being a recurring theme, unless we jump on team's early and blow them out, or get complete games from our starters.

I will be attending the game tomorrow night, so you can expect some better results.

And thanks to leaving work early, I should be able to get about 2 hrs. of tailgating in, which leads us to our first ever list.

So here we go, in no particular order...

Great Lawn (or beack, parking lot, office building) Sports

1. Horseshoes ("Horseshoes!" - Arrested Development (the band))
2. Bocce (my personal favorite, especially extreme bocce)
3. Washers (easy to make, easy to play)
4. Cornhole (don't let the name deceive you, and thank you W&L for the intro.)
5. Quates (a mixture of horseshoes, washers, and cornhole)

That's all I can come up with for now. Feel free to e-mail any suggestions.

On that note, enjoy the night, and Go Phils!

Oh, and furthermore, Susan, I think I should leave you with a Modest Mouse quote since I didn't really mention anything about the new album.

"It's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore."

Can't beat that.

Peace.

No comments: