Monday, April 2, 2007

March Madness (cont'd)

I just wrote the follow-up to March Madness detailing the Final Four match-ups (Weezer-Pearl Jam and RHCP-Sublime), and was literally on the very last sentence of the re-cap (writing the lyrics from the breakdown in Soul 2 Squeeze from memory) when my computer froze and erased everything. Needless to say, I am kind of pissed, and won't be writing that again.

Let me try and remember what I had written.

Something funny about Weezer losing to Pearl Jam, probably.

Some great jokes about overdosing in the RHCP-Sublime game...something along the lines of the Chili Peppers going on a run after John Frusciante returned from early foul trouble and how Sublime wasn't playing with any life in the 4th quarter.

Anyhoo, the majority of the article detailed the championship between RHCP and Pearl Jam.

There was a comparison of Pearl Jam to the Rolling Stones, with Nirvana playing the role of the Beatles...started in same place at same time, one peaked early and one kept on chugging along...
and also the reasoning behind the Chili Peppers' 87-84 win, which was capped off with a buzzer-beating three by Soul 2 Squeeze.

Speaking of which...

it's bitter baby and it's very sweet on a rollercoaster let me on your feet take me to the river let me on your shore ill be coming back baby ill be coming back for more swing a ling a ding a shug a dawg a doo im a mama wama and chugga chugga choo i could never forget and i will not remember simple pleasure was another but i wont regret it never!

I think that's word for word.

Oh, and furthermore, Susan, I think that by the end of the Aught-Aughts (2000's), the 90s music I so dearly love might actually get a run for its money from some of the recent music if bands like The Strokes, Kings of Leon, White Stripes/Raconteurs, and all the other bands out right now can keep their shit together. Time will tell.

No comments: