Tuesday, May 1, 2007

1st Annual Spring has Sprung Edition

Over here at And Furthermore Susan, we know a thing or two about a thing or two. We know that Dhani Jones was much better at making bowties and writing poetry than he was at making tackles in the flat, we know that Brett Myers will eventually be the closer of the Phillies, we know that the Sixers are better off with the confidence they got from winning than with the possible lottey pick they would get from losing, and we know that, finally, in our little corner of this world, spring has finally sprung.

It is a Tuesday afternoon in the universe, specifically the first day of May, and I have just finished mowing the lawn. In my book, that is known as the official first day of spring. Nothing like a good lawn mow to really get things started. Of all the chores and jobs out there, that is one that I can actually tolerate. It is outdoors, you feel like you're actually doing something productive/worthwhile/healthy, and there is immediate satisfaction...and I mean immediate. The second you finish your lawn looks awesome, and you can go inside, pour a tall Arnold Palmer, and enjoy the view.

Speaking of Arnold Palmers, they definitely go on the list of signs of spring. Of course, the list isn't readily available right now, but trust me, they are on it. And for those of you who don't know, an AP is half lemonade half iced tea. Personally I like to put in about 60% iced tea, follow that up with lemonade almost to the top, and then add another splash of iced tea at the top. But that's just me.

Also to do with spring, I went disc golfing for the first time this year. Played French Creek State Park, not a bad course, and actually shot pretty well, while ruining my Starburys (though I can always go pick up a fresh pair for the cost of a buy-one get-one Parliament deal).

I predict a very good disc golf season. For me and for the sport. It looks like it's starting to get some attention. If you have Comcast OnDemand, you can actually watch events on your TV (click on Sports and then More Sports), and the current third-ranked player in the world, Dave Feldberg, will be on the Conan O'Brien show this Wednesday.

Not bad, I say.

At this point, work or school or whatever you got going always seems to play second fiddle. The time you are there you feel like is just a brief stop before you are back out there in the world, doing what you do. Normally I would just skip classes, but now that I am a part of the Real World (not the show, something much worse that you will soon find out about if you don't know already), I am a little worried about what is going to happen. Is spring fever a valid excuse to miss work? I hope so.

In honor of spring, let me toss out this little gem of a song by G. Love, which is a good goodbye-winter tune, entitled When We Meet Again. It's available on Yeah, It's That Easy for purchase
or to be legally downloaded on the Intenet.

Speaking of legally downloading music, here is a quick joke:

Q: How are sex and music alike?

A: For every one person paying for it, a hundred are getting it for free.

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week.

Try the fish.

Oh, and furthermore, susan, here is another download for you - Thou Shalt Always Kill, by Dan Le Sac and Scroobius Pip. I recommend at least checking out the video on YouTube.

No comments: